2019 State of the Artisanal and Small Scale Mining Sector
The 2019 State of the Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining Sector report showcases data contributions made to Delve and demonstrates the potential for a deeper sector analysis when stakeholders share data.
As the inaugural report of a planned annual series, the 2019 edition explores the origins and impact of what is identified as the ‘global data gap’ on artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM). It outlines how through collaboration, the gap can be addressed to guide more effective ASM formalization efforts across the globe.
Further in-depth analyses of the data gaps and importance of ASM is provided through regional and country-specific case study countries—Ghana, Mongolia, Guyana, Peru, Morocco, and India—drawing on the insights of Delve collaborators and the platform’s data sets.
Finally, the lessons learned from collating dispersed ASM data are presented, and the report concludes with a shortlist of key recommendations for improving data collection and sharing.
- G Hilson, J McQuilken, R Perks
- Publication Date
- April 2019
- Associated Partners
- Associated Webpage
- Data Source Classification
- Global Report
- Source Type
- Research Methodology
- Secondary - PREVIOUS RESEARCH
- Barite, Development Minerals, Diamond, Gold, Lead, Zinc
- East Asia & Pacific, Global/Multi-Region, Latin America & Caribbean, Middle East & North Africa, South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Ghana, Guyana, India, Mongolia, Morocco, Peru
- Last Updated
- April 24, 2019